Sold By - Indigi Crafts
Item - Jaapi hat
Qty – 1psc
Origin – Assam
· The jaapi is a conical hat made of bamboo and covered with dried tokou (a palm tree found in rainforests of Upper Assam) leaves.
· It is most often used in official functions to felicitate guests.
· The landscape of rural Assam features a more utilitarian version, which farmers wear to protect themselves from the harsh weather, both sun and rain, while working in the fields.
· The first possible recorded use of jaapi dates back to the Ahom-era buranjis, or chronicles. Kings and ministers would wear them then.
Jaapi Assam Hat / Straw Hat - Indigi Crafts
- Seller: Indigi Crafts
- Product Code: ING21045
- Reward Points: 7
- Availability: 2
- Price in reward points: 750