Hi there, if you are a smoked pork lover, like many people, then you most likely enjoy trying new recipes. There are many ways to enjoy smoked pork and perhaps this recipe might be one of the best way to cook smoked pork.
It is believed that smoked meat can be traced back to the primitive cavemen. The early cavemen would hang meat to dry in their homes, and then accidentally discovered that the smoke would give the meat a different flavor. Plus, it also helped to preserve the meat better.
- First cut the smoked pork into medium cubes and put the cut smoked pork in a pot and start roasting the smoked pork in its own fat/lard till there is enough lard coming out to fry. Continue to fry until the pork skin is puffed up.Take out the fried smoke pork and keep it aside.
- Next fry the green chilies until it turns brownish on low flame (Don’t forget to keep flipping chilies).Take out the fried green chilies once it turns brownish and keep it aside too
- If there is too much lard discard some and fry the tomatoes
- Continue to fry until the tomato is slightly blacken. Let the tomato chard nicely on the outside and it will turn into soft and juicy and all the flavor will come out
- Once the tomato is slightly blacken, add the fried green chillies, salt to taste and also add the fried smoke pork.
- Add enough water to cook the smoked pork completely.
- Cover the pot and bring them to a boil, and cook it till the smoked pork cooked completely.
- Roughly pound some garlic to garnish the dish… (you can also add broccoli, cauliflower or any of your favorite vegetable, even adding couple of slice lemon gives a great flavor)
- Put the chilies and tomatoes in a mortar/pestle and mashed them nicely (if you are a lazy one then you can use a electric grinder but trust me it won’t taste the same like the hand mash one
- If you have a strainer, strain the chilies seeds and tough outer skin (the dish will taste better without chilies seeds and tough outer skin)
- Work really hard on taking out the fleshy juice of the tomatoes and chilies from the strainer
- If required add some water and adjust the gravy consistency as required while cooking again.
- Once the gravy is thick enough to your liking, stop cooking and garnish the dish with the roughly mash garlic and enjoy…
Happy Cooking :-)
**NOTE: THIS ITEM CAN NOT BE RETURNED UNDER ANY CONDITION AND FOR THE SAFETY OF THE PRODUCT IT IS ALWAYS SHIPPED BY EXPRESS SHIPPING VIA AIR
SPICY SMOKED PORK WITH DRY BAMBOO SHOOT
Smoked Pork is one of the most delicious food articles ever known to mankind. Cooking it with fermented bamboo shoot (dry or wet) will take you to the 9th heaven of food paradise. Here is an extremely simple Smoked Pork recipe that even amateurs can cook. It’s as easy as ABC.
You will need:
Smoked Pork (750 grams)
Dry Bamboo Shoot ( about 15 grams)*
[You can substitute it with wet fermented Bamboo Shoot]
Ginger & Garlic paste (2 table spoons)*
[You can use the ready made ones available in the market but it is better to make the paste manually. It enhances the flavour and it is fresh]
King Chilies (2 pieces)*
Red chili powder (2 tea spoons)*
Salt (1 table spoon)*
Local pepper or black pepper (1/2 teaspoon)
*(for numbers 2, 3, 4, and 6, you can add more or less according to your preference)
The main flavor inducer is the dry Bamboo Shoot, the king chili makes the dish spicy, the chili powder adds color to the Smoked Pork, while the ginger & garlic paste intensifies the taste and aura of the dish.
Slice the Smoked Pork into small cubes
Roast the local pepper and grind it(be careful not to burn it)
Add ginger & garlic paste, chili powder, ground local pepper and salt to the sliced Smoked Pork. Mix properly
Roast the dry Bamboo Shoot slightly (be careful not to burn it)
Add the dry bamboo shoot and mix all the ingredients together
Add about 250-300 ml water
Cook for 25-30 minutes in medium heat (or until the water dries up)
And that is it! Serve it hot with rice.
|SELLER NAME||Kheti Culture|
|ITEM||SMOKED PORK (Naga Style)|
|RETURN||NOT AVAILABLE **Food products are not available for return"|
|SHIPPING||Express Shipping (Air Courier)|
|PAYMENT PARTNERS||CCavenue, RazorPay|
Smoked Pork Naga Style 1KG - Kheti Culture
- Seller: Kheti Culture
- Product Code: 2B7FNG9984
- Reward Points: 1
- Availability: Out Of Stock
- Price in reward points: 800